Thursday, August 14, 2008

HELP!

So Grayson is officially teething. Last night he cried from 9 to 11. I would hold him and he would cry, I would rock him, walk with him, lay him in bed. I tried everything and he would just cry. Finally Mike had to take over. He did get him to sleep but he would only stay for ten minutes and was up crying again. Then he woke up 3 times in the night crying. I have kept him on Motrin and Tylenol today but every time it is nap time he fights it and cries. When I looked in his mouth this morning I could see that his gums were swollen. I need advice on how to live through this!!! It's weird because so far he has been pretty good when he's awake. He does like me to stay close and he wants me to hold him more but he's not that fussy. It is naptime and bedtime that we are really struggling with. Please...I need advice on how to help soothe this poor little boy! I was so desperate at naptime today that I just turned on the vacuum and luckily it worked. He was out like a light and slept for an hour and half. Wish us luck!!!

7 comments:

Nick Scott Family said...

Have you tried teething tablets? This will pass -- sometimes in a day or sometimes in a few weeks (not very reassuring I'm sure). Sorry. But he'll get better. There isn't much to do until they pop through his little gums. Hopefully he'll sleep better tonight. Come on teeth...pop through! (for mom's sake)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Alexis to hear of your teething struggles! Sometimes there's just not much you can do. Sounds like you're doing all you can. Just keep reminding yourself that this won't last forever! Good luck!

R and K said...

Boo, I don't have any good advice, but I just want to say hang in there! I hope tonight goes better.

P.S. We made our blog private, so leave your email address on our old blog so I can invite you!

The Merkleys said...

Those teething rings that you freeze work good. Teeth suck! Lauryn is getting molars right now.

{M}PG said...

Ahhh I hate teething! I think everyone goes through it and like Kesha said - it will pass. I totally recommend the teething tablets - they are homeopathic and so they can't OD on them and I think that they work! I hear frozen washrags to chew on are good. Good luck! I don't think that there really is any 'good' advice...hang in there!!! :)

David and Taryn said...

I hate teething. You feel so helpless making them feel better. Teething tablets are worth a shot but Spencer never liked how they tasted so I always have to give him something with it so he wouldn't spit it out. If his gums are swollen his teeth will hopefully pop through soon!

I finished Breaking Dawn about a week ago and just haven't posted. I liked it but she seemed like she was in a hurry to finish it and there was a lot of things I wish she would've done better or differently. Still a good book overall though.

Good luck with Grayson!

Tawny said...

I'm sorry! Sounds rough! I wish I had advice! Hopefully it gets better soon! Miss you guys! Hope Mike made it back safe!