Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fun week part II

Last week was a very fun week for us to see Mike's mom and sister and just spend time with them. This week has been the total opposite. They left on Sunday and then Monday it just went down hill. Mike slept in, which he NEVER does, so he was running around like mad trying to get out the door. He called me on his way to work saying that there was a wreck on the freeway and they had shut it completely down. He was stuck in traffic and was at a complete stop when a girl hit him from behind going 50mph. There was so much force that he hit the car in front of him. I don't know how he didn't get hurt but he didn't. He was very lucky. Well, they totaled our car so now we have to find another one. We just bought this car 2 months ago. We had just put a new windshield on, new tires and had to get the air conditioning fixed AND it has a full tank of gas in it just sitting at the dealership now. I hate shopping for cars cause it stresses me out. We only have until Tuesday to find one because that is when we have to take the rental car back. It was hard going around test driving cars last time because Grayson got tired of being in the car and sitting in his car seat. Plus, Grayson has been sick the past couple days so I don't think he will be very patient with us. That is the other reason that this week hasn't been that fun. We finally got over the shot business (oh and by the way, thanks to all those that gave advice on how to handle shots! It really helped!) He has had a fever the past couple days and been very fussy. He wants me to hold him all the time. I'm not sure if he's teething cause I looked in his mouth and his gums aren't swollen but there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong.

Anyway, I'm not trying to complain...it's just been a little rough. You know when a vacation comes to an end and it's kind of depressing because you have to go back to reality? Well, we definitely hit reality...a little too hard! I was hoping to gradually get back into it ;)
SO...I'm going to finish posting about our FUN week :) That will help get our minds of this week.......
I covered Saturday through Tuesday already. On Wednesday we went to the Bodies Exhibit. It was AWESOME! They have preserved all these bodies and cut them up so you can see what things really look like inside. Some of the bodies still had fingernails, nose hairs, eyebrows, etc. There was a fetal display that had babies at different stages of pregnancy that had died. They even had babies that were born and then died. It was so crazy looking at all these bodies knowing that they were real people and they just preserved their bodies. I was so glad that we went. We learned a lot. After the exhibit we went and ate at Montgomery Inn. It is a famous ribs place here that everyone goes to and talks about all the time but we had never been. Mike's mom helped us join the "Inn" crowd. :) It was the best ribs that I have ever had. The restaurant is right on the Ohio river so after we ate we put Grayson in his stroller and just walked down the river and chatted with each other. It was a very relaxing day. For some odd reason we didn't take any pictures that day. On Thursday they went canoeing down the Little Miami River. Grayson wouldn't have been able to go and I didn't want to call a babysitter at the last minute. They had a lot of fun and we do have a couple pictures of that. That night we went to a Reds game. My boss has season tickets and he let me use them that night. It was a very exciting game. It was Grayson's first MLB game so we put him in his Reds outfit (you can't really tell though). He did very well until the first home run. As soon as everyone started clapping and cheering and the fireworks went off, he started crying. He spent most of the time up inside. Everyone took him but me. I felt bad but it was nice just to be able to sit and watch the game. I don't think that Ann and Suzie minded though...they liked taking Grayson.
On Friday Mike, Ann and Suzie drove to Mammoth Caves. Grayson and I went over to Isabella's to babysit while they were gone. Mike forgot the camera again so we have no pictures of the caves but they said it was really neat. Saturday was a low key day. We took them to Findlay market and just walked around and then downtown and went up to the top of Carew Tower and then went and to Aglamesis for ice cream. We just hung out at home and enjoyed each other's company. They left early on Sunday morning. The week went by all too soon. Here are some more pictures...



Mike jumping.......... Mike splashing









Look how happy he is! Grayson misses family just as much as we do


Grayson's not crying because of Sue...he's crying cause it's past his bedtime. I just had to clarify...he LOVES his aunt!

This is at Findlay Market




4 comments:

The Merkleys said...

Wow, when it rains it pours Uh? Thank goodness Mike was not hurt. Hope things go better for you next week.

Nick Scott Family said...

Hope you have a better week this week. Those pictures are cute! We all miss you too. Can't wait until Grayson and Boston can play together. They'll have so much fun. Hurry back to UT!!!

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

It looks like you did everything ther is to do while in Cincinnati!! I bet it was a fun and exhausting week. :)

Ben and Marcie said...

Well good luck with finding another car, and hopefully Grayson gets feeling better soon! I'm glad you had so much fun before all that happened!