Over fall break we went to Jacksonville, Florida to see Mike's sister Jessica and her husband Trevr. Mike's parents also flew down for the week and we all had a blast! These first pictures are from Okefenokee swamp. I was so excited to be in a real swamp and see alligators. They have level 1 air quality in the swamp because there are high oxygen levels from the vegetation and there is no pollution. I saw Spanish Moss growing on trees for the first time. Unfortunately we didn't see 1 alligator on our 2 hour tour. Our guide said that the biggest alligator they have seen in the swamp was over 14 feet! Because of the high water levels and the fact that it started raining on us the alligators like to stay down below. Our guide told Jessica that in this one stretch of about a mile and a half, on a good day, you could see over a hundred of them!! That's when we pulled our fingers out of the water! The water was the color of a cola soda. It is because of the decomposing roots under the water. It was a little unnerving not being able to see anything and knowing there are large creatures in there. There are floating islands and some you can't see because they are under water a little ways. Well, Jessica had been once before and she actually got out of the boat and walked on the island and you couldn't even see where they were or if there were any alligators nearby! She has swam with alligators before so I'm sure it didn't bother her one bit. She is very adventurous! I'm way too chicken. Mike got out too and caught a frog and shortly after his foot went right through the island.



It started raining at the end of our tour and Mike's Mom was so nice to give me her umbrella and looked what happened to her because of it...I'm so sorry Ann!


These next few pictures are from the beach. We went to St. Augustine beach twice and Cocoa Beach once.
The guys playing a little frisbee
Grayson discovering sand
I forgot my swimming suit so I had to hang out in my shorts :(
More snoozing
Grayson with Granny Annie
The first two times we went to the beach it was cloudy but the last day it was sunny and we both
got sunburned but Mike got it a little more than me!

This is the view from Jessica and Trevr's apartment it overlooks the river. Gorgeous! This picture doesn't do it justice


The girls with Shamu
One night we left Grayson with everyone and we had a date night! We went miniature golfing and go-cart racing. It was a blast! Thanks to our babysitters!!!













8 comments:
what a gem! looking good guys! Miss you much! Grayson is cuter by the minute ;) and his mom is too of course ;)
I've been to the Okefenokee swamp before. We saw lots of alligators! Sorry you missed all of them. :-)
I had such a great time with you guys! Thanks again for coming down. My Text Messages aren't working yet... I receive but can't send. So thank you for the cute pictures of Grayson and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Love you all.
okay so that is pretty much the most precious picture ever!!! I am soooo excited to see you guys, I wish you were staying longer:) Love you tons!
okay so that is pretty much the most precious picture ever!!! I am soooo excited to see you guys, I wish you were staying longer:) Love you tons!
It looks like you had a lot of fun in Florida!! Grayson is so cute and can't want to see him at Christmas so him and Boston can play together!! Love you guys.
So much fun! Caleb is from right in the middle of St Augustine and Cocoa beach...everytime we go to FL to see his family we go to St Augustine...it's my fave! Looks like you had so much fun, cute pics!
Post a Comment