Introducing Gage Walker Harrington!! This is a little past due but things have been a little busy ;) Our new little guy was born on December 5th, 2011. He weighed in at 7lb. 4oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. I went to the hospital that morning at 7:00am and they broke my water and started me on pitocin at 8:00am. I was dilated to a 2.5 when I went in. The contractions came fast! I was having contractions a lot that month and always thought that I would go early but I didn't. They started to get pretty intense but they wouldn't give me an epidural until I dilated more. They put something in my IV to help and oh boy was I loopy. It only lasted about 45 minutes though. They had to give me more but I guess once youve had it then it doesn't work the same so I was feeling the contractions. Finally I was dilated enough for an epidural and that lovely man with the needle came in ;) I don't think I would have babies if it wasn't for those wonderful medications! My doctor came in at 1:00pm and said he was going to make his rounds and come back and check on me at 2:00pm and then head back to his office for his appointments. When he came back it was a little before 2 and checked me he said "uh...its time to push!" The babies head was right there. Him and all the nurses ran around like crazy trying to take the bed apart and get everything ready. My mom showed up around 1/1:30ish....she made it just in time! I pushed for maybe 10 minutes! He was born at 2:04pm. He looked identical to his older brother and there was only a 2 oz difference! It was like dejavu! Grayson came that night to see his new baby brother and he was SO cute with him. He loved holding and kissing him.
He had jaundice when he was born and it was pretty bad. His counts started out at like a 19 or 18. Pretty high risk. We had to take a bili bed home for him to lay in. He really didn't like it but as soon as we put a space heater right next to him in it then he was in heaven. He would sleep in there for hours with the hot air blowing on him.

He looks like he's ready for some skiing

The beautiful flowers my sister sent me in the hospital







Proud daddy

My mom made this hat!

My nurse Meagan
My visitors....Grandma Walker

Ashley

My best friend Whitney!

Luke, Grandpa Walker, Ashley

Grandma and Taylor checking out Gage

Grayson got a hold of the camera...

another one by Grayson the photographer

and another...

and another...

The proud big brother giving kisses

yeah, he's excited
2 comments:
So happy for you guys! He is DARLING! He looks just like you, Alexis. :)
You do not even look like you just had a baby in these pictures!!!! We love the new addition of baby Gage!! So sweet and so adorable (just like his older brother)!
Post a Comment